Sunday, October 27, 2013

Baby Rylee

October 23rd - Upon arrival at the hospital when Momma went into labor, she was told those horrible words, "We're sorry.  There is no heartbeat."
My Step-Mom told them about me and Chelsea.
My step-sister calls me and asks me to come to the birth of her step-daughter's sleeping baby.
I don't think I have ever met the Momma, and this is why I feel so privileged and so honored being asked to share such a personal time.

I prayed for strength.  I prayed for peace.  I'm going to need it.  
Even though the flood of emotions is a tsunami of sorts,  I must put myself aside and be there for them.
  
I spoke with the medical personnel to be sure this Momma would not suffer the same fate that I have suffered...that she would be able to bathe, diaper, and dress her Angel and hold on to her little Angel as long as she wanted, not being rushed to give her up before she was ready.
I was assured she would have all these things.  I also asked if they had contacted a photographer and they assured me, again, that this was taken care of.

And so it was that Baby Rylee was born.  A beautiful, china-doll like, precious baby girl.  Life gone from her little body due to a knot in the umbilical cord, so tight, that the doctor couldn't even undo it.

After a while, and many tears later, I asked if I could hold her.  Momma said "Yes"
Again, I feel so honored, so privileged, to share this time with her.
I took this little one in my arms, rocked her,  kissed her, and just cried. 
I gave her back to Momma and hugged them both..."I'm sorry.  I'm so so sorry.  She is absolutely beautiful." 



October 26th - Today is Baby Rylee's memorial service.  Again, I pray for strength.  I have to do this.  I have to be there for the Momma.  
I am given the opportunity to hold this precious Angel one more time.  And once again I feel so privileged and honored to be apart of this time.  I hand her back to Momma, hug her and thank her for allowing me to hold her again.
She thanks me for being there with her during the birth and thanks me for being there with her now.  I tell her how privileged and honored I am to have been there and am here now.  I tell here how beautiful she is and how nice her photo's turned out.  She told me the hospital did not use NILMDTS, but the funeral home called them and a photographer came out and did even more beautiful ones.

She has my phone number and I tell her to call me ANYTIME.  She says she will.
I will be checking in on her often.  I don't want any Momma going through this alone.

Friends, when Baby Rylee's Momma comes to mind, please say a prayer for her.  



1 comment:

  1. sending peace filled thoughts her way. she is lucky to have you there.

    ReplyDelete