Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

Yes, this is a famous children's bedtime prayer...

But it is also the name of a Non-Profit organization started in 2005 by the Momma of an Angel and a photographer. 

I came across this organization in 2009 while researching some of the diagnosis' that my sister was given for her unborn child. (This is another story in itself)
As I checked out this website I realized what a truly wonderful this organization is.
NILMDTS is a group of professional photographers that volunteer their time and talent to make beautiful memories of our little ones that could not stay with us.
Please, read all about it here.
EVERY hospital needs to know about this organization!

Being a Baby Loss Momma, I decided to join their Parent Forum.  I wanted to give support and encouragement to those that are new to this heartbreaking journey of grief.  In the process, how was I to know that these parents would also support and encourage me as I came to terms with my own grief that I had suppressed years ago.

I also had one of those wonderful photographers that volunteer for NILMDTS contact me.
She asked if I had pictures of Chelsea, and if so she would like to see them and maybe touch them up for me.  I agreed.
Now those photos that my Mom and the hospital had taken, that I cherish with my life, are even more beautiful.  Thank You, Lisa.

In the last few posts, I've used some of those photo's.  Here are a couple more...












1 comment:

  1. I love that organization! my friends lost their full term healthy son at birth. at his year birthday, I wanted to do something special for them. because of his unexpected death, they only had a couple hospital photos. they were unable to take any of their own. I found NILMDTS and talked to a photographer in town. I arranged a visit for my friends to meet her and she was able to work with the photos and make them something beautiful to hang on their wall. I am so happy there is an organization like this out there and I make sure to spread the word where needed.

    ReplyDelete