Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chelsea's hospital photo

September, Nurse T calls. *You can come to the hospital and pick-up Chelsea's photo's.*

Again, we drive over an hour to the hospital. Nurse T takes a photo out of the envelope. *Here's Chelsea's photo!*

*NO! That is not my baby!*
I pull-out a polariod photo from my handbag.
*This is Chelsea!*

She goes to her office to double check.
She returns.
*Yes, the numbers match up. This is Chelsea.*

*That is not Chelsea! And she is not a number! She is my baby! That baby doesn't even look like her!*

*She looks like that because of her blood disorder.*

*Chelsea didn't have a blood disorder. That is not her!*

My handbag went swinging as I stomped down the hallway. I hit walls, stair railings and anything else in the way.
He got the name of the photo company, then caught up with me, staying clearly out my range.

****************************************************************

He calls the photo company. Explains our situation to the very nice girl, Nikki.
Nikki does a thorough investigation and finds Chelsea's photo. To our suprise, the superiors will not release the photo because they are not good quality.
The nurse's hand is in the photo.

We don't care! We want our photo's.

Well, it is not just the hand that is the issue. You see, the nurse used her middle finger to support Chelsea's chin.

Again, he explains our situation.
*Our baby died. These photo's are all we have. The nurse, we are sure, did not do it as a vulgar jesture. Please, just send them to us.*

They agree.

A few days later we received the envelope. In it were 2 3x5 photo's of my sweet baby girl.

We send Nikki a thank you card, expressing our deepest thanks for all her help.

1 comment:

  1. these posts need to be put into book from. you could help so many other parents who have lost their child. my heart goes out to you because my sweet rachel was seconds away from death and there is no reason why i am not in the same shoes as you. life is not fair.

    ReplyDelete