Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bereavement Support Groups

We drive over an hour to the NICU hospital bereavement support group.
Nurse T was not there. That was probably a good thing. I'm not sure how I would have handled seeing her again.

I think it was just us and the coordinator, maybe one other couple.
No type of discussion. Not helpful at all.
We took some pamphlets and left.

I made a call to the local hospital and found they have an active bereavement support group. (Not the hospital where Chelsea was born)
We go as a couple the first few times. Then, I go alone.
He tells me I don't need to go.
His care-less additude stabs at my heart.
Yes, I do need to go!
I need to talk to someone who cares, someone who knows what I am feeling, someone who is walking this heartwrenching road and understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment