Thursday, April 22, 2010

Friends on the road

There are times when a person / people comes into your life, even if for a brief moment, but their kindness you remember for always.

Francie called within the first week. We didn't know who she was but she told him that if I ever needed to talk to call her.

Several weeks later I came across the note with her name and number. I decided to give her a call.

She told me that she lost her baby girl due to a genetic problem.

She offered to meet me at the next local support group meeting.

I remember she came with a pretty pink photo album full of photo's of her little Angel. I was so beside myself with the waves of emotions I don't even remember seeing them.

There was also CJ, Janet, Cindy, Patti, and others, and the support group coordinators Kathy and Marilynn. All of us are Mommies to Angels.

We kept in touch for a few years, then drifted apart.
If you ever happen upon this blog, my friends...
Thank you for being there for me during the most devistating time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment