Thursday, May 6, 2010

6-8 weeks later, Nurse T calls to check on me.

I asked her... Why didn't you offer for us to bathe, diaper, dress, and all the other things we could have done. We had no idea. It was up to you to offer these things.

Her excuse - *You were not well.*

I tried to stay calm but the overwhelming grief, disappointment and anger took over - *You still should have offered. We missed out and have no other chance to do all those things. It was my decision to decline if I could not do it. Now I have to live with the decision that you made for me. I have to live with it for the rest of my life. Don't ever, ever do it again. Don't ever make that decision for anyone ever again! It's the parents decision, not yours!*

Chelsea's picture is still not in. She will call us when she gets it.

I don't get it. I have a few friends that have had babies after Chelsea was born, and they have their picture already. They have their babies, too.
I don't have either. I want both, too. Life can be so cruel to add the sting of salt to an already excruciatingly painful wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment