Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Where is the Comforter?

Trying to find comfort from God was not easy for me.

All my life I was given a very distorted view of Him.
In one breath I was told that He loved me and died for me.
But in the next, I was also taught to think that He was an iron-fisted tyrant just waiting for me to mess-up so He could pounce on me in His mighty wrath.

The preachers daughter told me that God took Chelsea because I had sin in my life.
WOW! What a blow that was.
Yes, Chelsea was conceived out of wedlock, 6 weeks before my wedding.
I know pre-marital sex / fornication is sin and I did repent.
Was my apology to God not good enough?!
I know many children that are alive and well, that were conceived out of wedlock.

This woman's dad, the preacher, on many occasions, would hollar to/at us from the pulpit *Do not blame God for this!*


This furthur distorted my view of God.

After some years of pondering this, I realized...
Even this woman has a daughter and several grandchildren, conceived out of wedlock.
If what she said to me was true, then, her daughter and grandchildren should be dead, too.
All of these conceived-out-of-wedlock-children would be dead.
It didn't make sense.


For many years, my distorted view of God was just that...
DISTORTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment